CA Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Same-Sex Marriage

In case you haven't heard already, the California Supreme Court ruled today that the state's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! To make things even better, as I was surfing the Chronicle's website to find an article to use, I stumbled across this one, which is an interview with my aunt and her fiancee. SQUEEEEEE again! I am so happy for you, Auntie Paula and Julie! It is a great day when all of my relatives can share equal access to marriage.

ETA:

Lady in the black blazer: My Aunt Paula
Lady in the white plaid plaid shirt (behind Paula): My Aunt Julie
Head of the lady in the white t-shirt (behind Julie): My mommy
Source: NY Times

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME.

congrats to your auntie paula and julie and to the paula and julie's and the paul and juan's all over the place.

it aint over till it's over (and you can hear the republican hate machine oiling its gears as the election approaches) but it sure feels like a big day for human beings.